Peggy's Collection

Thursday 7 March 2013

Round up of 2012

This is later than expected but here is the long awaited round up of 2012.  It was a busy year for Peggy's Collection and a few events made it a year that I will never forget. 

A big thank you to all the bloggers and social media tweets and facebook support that I received and still do.  It is much appreciated and it what makes Peggy's Collection a success.

The year of 2012 started with a feature in Vintage Life Magazine which is a national publication.  I was honoured to be asked to feature in their magazine again.

I also attended my first catwalk show which was Norwich Fashion Week 2012 at the Designers Show in march 2012.  This was a great experience where I showcased my Spring/Summer 2012 collection.  It was a great atmosphere to be in and it taught me alot about the fashion world and how a catwalk show really works.  We had 2 shows one in the afternoon and one in the evening.  This also led to lots of newspaper articles about the shows featuring myself along side other designers before and after the show.



The next event was my Spring Summer photo shoot.  This was located at Wells Next The Sea.  The photographer was David Taylor with Emily Ross, Make up artist and hair stylist.  We went for the vintage look with the girls hair and make up.  It was a beautiful day and the models all looked fabulous.  The models were Heidi Jackson, Lydia Bareham, Joe Embrey, Kevin Dodemont and Abbey Whiting.  



Throughout the year I have also been trying to feature as many young fashionista bloggers on my blog.  I think this is important to encourage everyone in the world of fashion and blogging.

Another big thing to happen this year was the opening of Peggy's Yarns.  This is a website that I sell hand dyed yarns and other accessories for the knitter or crocheter.  I have also featured some british designers products on here too which I think is important to support all small businesses. This has been a great success and I was featured on KnitSpinCake podcast a few weeks of opening it which was great!

 The Autumn Winter photo shoot was a great success.  I worked with a photographer called James Neale who is a local photographer.  I love his work and I was very excited about working with him as I knew he would create the look perfectly for this shoot.  My models were Heidi Jackson, Rebecca Clarke and Kevin Dodemont.  Rebecca Clarke was also the Make up artist.  We had great fun at this photo shoot which was shot at a nearby chapel ruins.  Lots of leaves were thrown and I think the models had a good time as well as looking superb on all of the photographs. Please take a look at James Neale website to view his other work here



Another highlight of the year was winning the Purplebiz award on twitter.  This was great and it shows what support twitter can give to small businesses of all kinds.



I was then approached by Lets Knit Magazine to feature one of my patterns in their national publication.  My pattern was called 'Richard' and it was for a mens hat.  I really enjoyed making this and it was so great to see it in print.

I think that is the main round up of the year of 2012! sorry it has been a long post I have a few other moments to mention but I cannot fit them all on here so I will do seperate blog posts for these.  A massive thank you to everyone that has supported me in 2012 especially my gorgeous models!

If there is anything else you would like me to blog about or if you would like to guest blog for me then please let me know by commenting or emailing me.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I know you work really hard at your business and I'm so glad lots of good things have happened for it. Here's to even more awesomeness in 2013! x

    ReplyDelete