Peggy's Collection

Friday 6 September 2013

Butterfly Brooch Pins for Pancreatic Cancer UK

If you follow me on any social media site you will see that I have been posting lots of pictures about a design I have been making.  This design is a cute butterfly brooch pin that I am selling to raise money for Pacreatic Cancer UK.  I have been working closely with the charity and I am pleased to be able to try and make a small difference using my skills.

This is the butterfly


you can purchase the butterflies from my website which is here  I would like to say a massive thank you to all the people that have purchased so far.  We need to raise awareness and funding for this charity.

Some people may ask why am I raising money for this charity in particular? Well it is not only because of the storyline of Hayley from coronation street. It is a more personal one.  One of my good friends has this cancer which is terminal and before I met him I wasnt even aware what it meant so raising awareness is a key point. If we can all just help a little and start talking and raising awareness of this cancer then if it just helps one person it would be fantastic.

I am also going to be releasing the pattern for knitters to make and sell their creations or for themselves and dontate to the charity too.  As I have had alot of knitters asking if they can make them too and help in some way.  Also keep a look out on @peggysyarns on twitter and on the website for specially dyed yarns and stitch markers to raise money Peggys Yarns Website

If you would like to learn more about pancreatic cancer uk please go to their website here

No comments:

Post a Comment